Who needs a DD Form 1172-2?
Application for Identification Card/Deers Enrollment, Form DD 1172-2 is used for enrollment in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) for Department of Defense (DoD) benefits and privileges. These benefits include medical coverage, DoD Identification Cards, access to DoD installations, buildings or facilities, and access to DoD computer systems and networks. Anyone from armed forces can apply for such benefits by completing the relevant application materials, but all applications require Form DD 1172-2.
What is a DD Form 1172-2 for?
Information provided on this form is used to ensure that the applicant is not improperly receiving duplicate benefits from another Federal program.
Information provided on this form can be directed to all the entities who are connected to benefits programs, such as Federal or State agencies, private entities, and individual providers of care.
When is the DD Form 1172-2 due?
This form valid for issue of DoD ID Card for 90 days from date of verification.
How do I fill out the Form DD 1172 online?
You should read Agency Disclosure Notice, and Instructions prior to completing this form.
The following sections must be filled out in order to complete the form:
- Section I - Sponsor/Employee Information;
- Section II - Sponsor/Employee Declaration and Remarks (should be approved by a notary's signature and seal);
- Section III - Authorized By;
- Section IV - Dependent Information (you may attach additional pages for filling this section if necessary);
- Section V - Receipt (an acknowledgement of the new card).
Where do I send DD Form 1172-2?
Once completed and signed, this form should be directed to a verifying official.