Who needs a State of Ohio Application for License to Carry a Concealed Handgun form?
An individual residing in the State of Ohio who wants to be legally allowed to carry a concealed weapon must file the application form for License to Carry a Concealed Handgun. To be eligible for applying for the licence, a person must meet the following legal requirements:
Be 21 years old or older
Be a resident of the State of Ohio for no less than 45 days (or be employed in Ohio)
Have no criminal record
Is an Application for License to Carry a Concealed Handgun form accompanied by any other forms?
Due to the gravity of such a request, the applicant is obliged to provide several supporting documents, like:
Copy of the informational Ohio Concealed Carry Law Pamphlet
Copy of the Firearms Training Certificate
Valid photo ID
Color photograph taken not more than 30 days before filing the application
The receipt of the paid fee
If the applicant is not an Ohio resident, yet is employed by business based in the state, they must also attach a proof of their employment (employer’s letter, an employee ID or a pay stub)
When is the Application for License to Carry a Concealed Handgun due?
The application form may be submitted whenever the claimant finds it necessary, but it is required before purchasing the firearm, otherwise carrying it in a concealed manner will be illegal.
How to fill out the Ohio Application for License to Carry a Concealed Handgun form?
The following sections must be completed in full:
- Personal information about the applicant in Section 2 (full name, address, DOB, SSN, telephone number, gender, race)
- Section 3 is the yes/no questionnaire in which all the questions must be answered
- Section 4 is the list of the applicant residencies
- Section 5 must not be filled out by the applicant
- Section 6 requires only applicant’s signature and date of the application's completion.