Who needs a PD-107 form?
This form is widely used by all individuals seeking a job in the North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State. The applicants have to fill out the form and provide all the information concerning their education and professional skills.
What is the PD-107 form for?
This form serves as an application for state employment in North Carolina. The information in the form is used by the NC Office of State Personnel to decide whether the applicant is qualified for a specific job.
What documents must be accompanied by the PD-107 form?
The applicant may attach a resume to this form, but the application must be fully completed nonetheless.
When is the PD-107 form due?
The applicant has to fill out the form as soon as he/she finds the appropriate job. The applicant has to provide proof of identity and work authorization within 3 working days of employment.
What information should be provided in the PD-107 form?
While completing the form, the applicant must add the following information:
- Date of birth, gender, ethnic group, disability (if there are any)
- Date of application
- Last 4 digits of SSN
- Business and home phone
- Answer some questions concerning your availability and background
- Information about the current job
- Information about the military service
- Title and number of the job applied for
- Referral source
- Information about the education
- Information about the skills and experience (driver’s license, car for use, foreign languages, typing, etc.)
- Work history (the detailed information about your current or last job: employer, address, salary, reasons for leaving, date employed and separated).
The applicant should also sign and date the application.
What do I do with the form after its completion?
When the form is completed and signed, it has to be submitted to the NC Office of State Personnel.