Get the free 2013 n 400 form - uscis
Who needs a Form N-400?
A person who wants to become a U.S. Citizen must file the N-400 form. You should fill out this Form N-400, Application for Naturalization only if you meet the following general requirements:
- You are at least 18 years of age at the time of filing;
- You are a permanent resident of the USA for a required period of time;
- You have lived within the state or USCIS district where you claim residence for at least 3 months prior to filing;
- You demonstrate a basic knowledge of “civics” as well as an ability to read, write, speak and understand basic English.
What is Form N-400 for?
Form N-400 is an application for naturalization which is to be completed in order to obtain the title of citizen of the United States. The information you provide on this form is subject to scrutiny by the authorized employees of the Department of Homeland Security.
Is Form N-400 accompanied by other forms?
You should pay the filing fee $595 before submitting the form to the Department of Homeland Security.
Form G-28, Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Representative, must be submitted with this Form N-400 in case of your representation by an attorney.
Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship, and Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship is also to be filed during your naturalization apply.
When is Form N-400 due?
Please note that starting 8/9/16, USCIS will only accept the 03/26/16 edition, till this time you can use this fillable N-400 Application for Naturalization.
How do I fill out Form N-400?
Department of Homeland Security recommends you to look through a Guide to Naturalization, which is a separate form called Form M-476. You should read Guide carefully before filling out the form.
In generally, you should provide the following information in order to complete Form N-400:
- Personal Information and Information on Eligibility;
- Contact and Residence information;
- Information About Your Family (spouse, children);
- Information for Criminal Check;
- Employment and School Information;
- And long list of additional information which can’t be specified in this review.
Where do I send Form N-400?
Completed and signed this form should be directed to Department of Homeland Security office. Address, where to submit the form, differs depending on the state where you are applying. Check the official DHS site for the address.