What is the Review of Systems?
The review of systems is a template used in medical institutions, such as hospitals or doctor offices. It contains inpatient history information, as well as the current physical condition of the patient. So, the document is extremely important for both patients and healthcare professionals.
The main aim of the template is to help doctors properly diagnose and treat the medical disorder or disease that the person is suffering from. Covering all body organs it shows the entire patient’s state and each problem, that influences its disorders. Undoubtedly, the form focuses on the symptoms the person perceives.
Additionally, a completed review sample, in combination with physical examination, helps to diagnose diseases people might have not known about but felt some pain.
How to Complete the Review of Systems Template
The Review of Systems Form is filled out based on a combination of therapeutic story records and recent examination results. It is completed by a doctor or medical personnel, responsible for this. The document includes the following information:
- The personal details of the patient and his/her chief complaints.
- A brief history of current illnesses as well as a list of all allergies.
- A list of all medication the individual takes and past surgical history.
- The current state of the person’s health. It covers disorders related to the patient’s skin, cardiovascular, endocrine, hematologic systems, gastrointestinal tract, respiratory system, psychiatric state, head and other parts of the body.
- Finally, the results of the physical examination and any lab tests are provided.
- As a result, the doctor’s assessment and plan of treatment are filled in.
- The sample is then signed and dated by the healthcare professionals.
After the PDF blank is filled out, it is kept together with the patient’s therapeutic story.