Security Deposit Receipt
Security deposit usually is an amount of funds granted to Landlord by Tenant that could be used by legal Landlord for some reasons like: 1) to make up for a Tenant's failure in rent payments, 2) to make up for rent in some case if Tenant not going to live anymore in the property before the end of legal lease term, or 3) for important repairs or cleaning. Most states make limits on amount that would be collected to several months' rent. Provided cap may differ on dependence of type of lease.
You can use the Security Deposit Receipts in following cases:
- You are legal landlord or tenant who have a need to document all details surrounding security deposit.
- Your state obligates you a security deposit receipt.
What is the Security Deposit Receipt?
Whenever an individual moves into an apartment for the first time, the landlord will usually require a security deposit in addition to the first month's rent. You also may be required to sign a form known as a security deposit receipt. This document guarantees that money will be provided by the individual if there is any damage of property or a lease agreement violation. The form contains general information about the tenant and the landlord and the amount of money paid. This form is very useful as it helps the tenant and landlord to avoid misunderstandings.
How to Fill Out The Security Deposit Receipt
To complete this template online with the PDFfiller editor, you should upload the necessary document to your personal account. If you don't have a sample, you can easily find the necessary one in PDFfiller's online library. Additionally, you can import the PDF blank using a third-party connection or cloud storage services.
You should open the template in the editor and provide the required data. Follow the steps given below:
- Check if the security deposit receipt has fillable fields. These are the highlighted areas in the sample.
- To add fillable blocks, click on the "Add Fillable Fields" button located on the left-side tab.
- Include the font type and style before you apply any changes. After that, the position and settings of any field will be fixed.
- Insert the following information to the corresponding area:
- Your first and last name and personal details of the lessee.
- Address of the apartment you rent.
- Time and date when the residential lease agreement was signed.
- Name of the bank or financial institution of the lessee.
- The current date and your initials.
- Save the changes.
- Download the document or and send it by e-mail.
Using this multi-functional set of tools, you may quickly and easily add or remove any information you need.