'Thanks! I love this product because I am always on the go. Now I can fill out my forms using my laptop. My docs look so neat. Much better than handwritten.'
Edit Scanned PDF Documents Online For Free
PDFfiller supports PDF, Word, PowerPoint, and Text formats.
and begin editing, signing, and sharing the documents you need!
Please log in or register at PDFfiller for free to be able to receive files via e‑mail requests.
You can customize this message to a recipient.
- UPLOAD YOUR
- TYPE ANYWHERE
OR SIGN YOUR FORM
- PRINT, EMAIL, FAX,
- TRY IT
Did you ever need to edit scanned PDF documents, like a registration or application form that you wanted to complete online?
In the past, for editing a scanned document you probably had to print it and fill fields in by hand. Then, you would either scan it or send a hard copy to wherever it needed to go. Besides needing a printer and a scanner, the process probably took you far too much time to complete.
Now there is a far easier way to edit scanned documents. You can simply use PDFfiller as a scanned document editor!
To get started, you should upload a scanned form to your account or open a document that’s already there. When you open the document, you will see the "Edit" toolbar along the top like this:
Choose the "Text" button and start typing on your scanned document. You can move text by dragging the text box. You can also change the font type or size by clicking the corresponding dropdown in the toolbar. To underline your text, to make it bold or italic, use the "U", "B", and "I" icons.
Click the black square to change the color of your text box, and click the tree icons to resize the text. Click the "Signature" or "Picture" button to sign your document or insert an image. You can also edit the document by highlighting, blacking out or erasing any text by or image by clicking the respective button in the "Edit" tab.
To edit your document further, click the "Pages" tab on the left or the "Watermark" and the "Versions" tabs on the right.
To learn more about editing a scanned document online, please watch the following video:
When you use PDFfiller for editing a scanned document online, you get a legible, professionallooking document. And even better, you can skip manual filling and save yourself a lot of time!
If you like being able to edit scanned documents online, you might be interested in a whole lot of other great features that PDFfiller has to offer. Some of these include adding sticky notes, text boxes, fillable fields and checkboxes, creating templates, and converting PDF documents to Word, Excel or PowerPoint formats. Check out these tutorials to see the other great things that PDFfiller can do for you!
How to Edit a Scanned PDF Online?
- To edit a scanned PDF online, upload your document using PDFfiller's uploader.
- PDFfiller's online editor instantly converts any scanned document to an editable format online. You can edit with our various tools and features.
- Choose the 'Text' button in the 'Edit' tab and start typing. You can place text by moving the text box.
- To annotate your document, Click the 'Tools' tab and edit the document by highlighting, redacting or erasing any text or image.
- To edit your scanned document further, click the 'Watermark' and the 'Versions' tabs on the right or the 'Pages' tab on the left.
- When you're done with editing, click the 'Done' button and email, print or save your document.
What our customers say about PDFfiller
'PDFfiller replaced a scanner, a fax machine, and a filing cabinet. My office is on its way to paperless bliss.'
'I love filling out IRS forms online with PDFfiller. I recommend this product for any business.'
General Questions about Editing Scanned PDF Documents
Video: Tutorial - Fill, Edit and Sign Your PDF Document Online Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Move and Resize Content on PDFfiller
Video: How to Add Blank Pages into Documents Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Add & Adjust Checkmarks, Circles & X's Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Merge PDF Documents Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Align Text in PDFfiller Online Editor
Video: How to Adjust the Font in PDFfiller Online Editor
Video: How to Rearrange, Rotate and Delete Pages in the PDFfiller Online Editor
Video: How to Erase & Whiteout Text in PDF Documents Online Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Draw on a PDF Document Online Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Highlight Content in a PDF Document Online Using PDFfiller
Video: How to Make the Fill Bar Transparent in the PDFfiller Editor
Can I upload a document from my computer?
Yes. PDFfiller.com allows you to upload documents direct from your computer. You can also choose to email the document into your account or upload the document using a URL.
Can I upload a scanned document?
Yes. You can upload a scanned document as long it in one of PDFfiller.com supported file formats. PDFfiller.com currently supports: .pdf, .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, and .txt.
How do I fill out a document or form?
To fill out a document, begin by de-selecting the current function you are using or just simply click anywhere on the document and begin to type. You can then drag and move the text to your desired location.
How do I fill (fill out, fill up) a document?
Simply upload a document, search for a one in our PDF Search Engine or select a document from your "My Forms" Page, and click "Fill Online" button to access the Editor. Inside the Editor you will be able to add text, images, or signatures.
How do I access my documents?
Your documents are accessible anytime from anywhere using any device connected to the internet. You can use a computer, smartphone, tablet, etc. Simply Login and go to "My Forms" page to Fill, Edit, Sign, Share, Print, and Fax or do anything else with the documents in your account.
How do I write on a document?
To write over a document, click anywhere on the document and begin typing.
How do I type on/over a document?
To type on/over a document, click anywhere on the document and begin typing.
- Can I type multiple lines when I have a lot of text?Yes. Just use "Enter" to create a line break. You can also paste large chunks of text and use Enter to restructure the lines.
- Can I paste text to the document?Yes. Just right click on the form and click on "Paste" from the menu.
- How do I enter data into spaced cells?If you are entering any number, such as a date, simply use the Space button to position the digits in the right place.
- How do I add text to a document?To add text into your documents, begin by de-selecting the current function you are using or just simply click anywhere on the document and begin to type. You can then drag and move the text to your desired location.
- How do I adjust the view size in the Editor?To adjust viewing size of forms, begin by clicking the "View" button. You can then zoom in or zoom out by dragging the adjustment bar. You can also select "Auto Fit" which automatically adjusts the size of the document to meet you screen's width.
- How do I zoom in & out in the Editor?Click on "View" button, then zoom in or zoom out by dragging the adjustment bar.
- How do I change font settings?To change font settings, begin by clicking on the "Font" button. You can then change the font type, adjust the size and color. You can also, change text in to bold, underline, and italics.
- How do I change font types/size or text color?To change font types/size or text color, begin by clicking on the "Font" button. You can then change the font type, adjust the size and color. You can also, change text in to bold, underline, and italics.
- How do I change my text to Bold, Italic, or Underline?To change text to Bold, Italic or Underline, begin by clicking on the "Font" and select one of the three buttons: B (Bold), I (Italic) or U (Underline). You can also, change the font type, adjust the size and color.
- How do I insert (add) check (circle or cross) icons (images) to my documents?To add check (circle or cross) icons to your documents, begin by clicking on one of the "Check", "Circle", and "Cross" buttons and simply drag them to your desired location on the document.
- Can I type multiple lines when I have a lot of text?