Who needs a Form CHP-362?
CHP-362 needed for persons or business entities who makes property transportations for compensations.
Actually, all persons who operates by commercial vehicles with GVWR, which weight over 10.001 pounds and more.
What is for Form CHP-362?
CHP-362 is a Motor Carrier Profile, provided by DMV’s Branch of Motor Carrier Services.
Following document is used as evidence of registration, which contains complete information about vehicle.
Also, this permission granted by this form is a kind of verification of vehicle carrier, which is available for operating on highways of California.
Filing of this form makes specific vehicle is available for taking part in BIT (Biennial Inspection of Terminals) program.
Is CHP-362 Form accompanied by other forms?
CHP-362 Form is accompanied by this forms:
- Certificate of Self Insurance (DMV 131 MCP)
- Surety Bond (DMV 55 MCP)
- Certificate of Insurance (DMV 65 MCP)
- DMV 706 MPC
When is CHP-362 Form due?
CHP-362 expires after 12 months after day of filing.
How do I feel out Form CHP-362?
You must provide the following information about vehicle:
- Fill checkboxes provided on Part 1. There must be basic data about Legal name and business condition.
- Principal place of business. Note there legal and in fact addresses and abilities for communication with owner
- Note emergency contacts
- Fill checkboxes with mostly common for your business types of operations
- Your business in California is known under the names (note them)
- Identification numbers and operation authorities
- Used Terminals of California
Where do I send Form CHP-362?
Completed form must be sent to:
Department of Motor Vehicles – Building West Lobby
2570 24th Street
Sacramento, CA 95818