Resignation Letter Template
Description of a resignation letter
A resignation letter is a formal notification which person submits to a landlord with a view to resign from a certain position he/she is holding. This document is an important part of termination of a labor contract between a tenant and a landlord. In most cases such application is submitted two weeks before resignation date.
Procedure of preparing a document
Such document is prepared in a free form, but it has to be written in formal style and contain all necessary information to be considered a legally binding document. Look through some resignation letter samples in order to avoid difficulties when preparing.
Here find some tips for preparing a resignation letter:
- first download most appropriate resignation letter template;
- start a document with date of filing at the top;
- next provide an individual`s name, address and contact details;
- provide a name, position and address of a person you are applying to and the company`s name;
- in the body of a document a person should present the purpose of writing. It is required to describe the reason of submission. It`s important for an individual to state the date of the last work day at current position as given in resignation letter example;
- employee submits a signed document and after approval it is signed by a landlord;
- after the letter is received, it is considered by a landlord.
In compliance with law, an individual must work for two weeks after submission of a resignation letter. In some cases waiving of working for two weeks after submitting a document is possible, but this issue should be discussed with a landlord. Turn attention to the fact that a document may be prepared in hard copy and sent by regular mail or created, signed and sent electronically to a landlord. For convenience, it may be easily exported from PDF to Word format.