Who needs a DD Form 2807-1?
A person wishing to enter military service should complete DD Form 2807-1 known as the Report of Medical History in order to pass a review of their medical history.
What is DD Form 2807-1 for?
A DD Form 2807-1 is a Department of Defense form is used for gathering medical information for applicants to military service. The form is used by military physicians to determine if an applicant can be accepted or should be disqualified on medical grounds.
An additional collection of information using this form takes place when a Medical Evaluation Board is convened to determine the medical fitness of a current member and if separation is warranted.
Is DD Form 2807-1 accompanied by other forms?
This form does not require the support of other documents and can be submitted as it is.
When is DD Form 2807-1 due?
This form does not have a deadline for the submission and can be submitted at any time when a person wanted to join the ranks of the armed forces.
How do I fill out DD Form 2807-1?
The submitter must answer a questions on the following topics:
- - Applicant’s personal information;
- Service to be applied and purpose of examination;
- Questionnaire designed to compile all available information on the health status and previous diseases;
- Written comments on the questionnaire, if positive answers were given;
- Examiner’s summary (should be filled out by the examiner only).
Where do I send DD Form 2807-1?
Completed and signed by the examiner, this form remains in the Department of Defence office to which this form was submitted.