Who needs a DD Form 1351-2?
DD Form 1351-2 is a Department of Defense form, which serves as a Travel Voucher or Subvoucher used by the military personnel.
What is the DD Form 1351-2 for?
This form is required to fill out to ensure the full reimbursement of the travel expenses paid by the military employee’s money. According to the regulatory documents, all the expenses a military bore during the duty travel must be compensated.
Is the DD Form 1351-2 accompanied by other forms?
When submitting a duty travel voucher, you should make sure that it’s purpose is confirmed by the “endorsement’ - a copy of travel orders. The necessary supporting documents should include a copy of an itinerary for the entire travel, a copy of all gas receipts (or car rent), lodging facilities receipts, personal expenses of 75$ or more amount.
When is DD Form 1351-2 due?
The travel claim must be filed within five days after the travel’s completion.
How do I fill out DD Form 1351-2?
The completed form should answer the following questions:
- how the claimant wants their reimbursement (electronically or by check)
- the claimant’s personal details ( name, grade, SSN, address, phone number, etc.)
- the information on the applicant’s dependent(s) if any
- travel order/authorization number
- travel's duration
- reimbursable expenses
- the claimant’s signature
- verification block (reviewer’s name, approving official’s name,accounting classification, etc.)
Where do I send DD Form 1351-2?
The completed DD Form 1351-2 must be submitted to the Department of Defense.