Room Rental Agreement
What is a Room Rental Agreement?
Those, who rent a room in a share house are more confident if they confirm the agreement on a paper. A room rental agreement is a contract between a property owner and renter, that is very important for both sides involved in a renting process. The contract should be properly prepared and include only accurate and true information. Room rental agreement may come in hand in any accommodation situation. The main point is to outline the basic terms for flatmates. This documents serves as a guideline and protects right of both a tenant and an owner.
How to create a Room Rental Agreement?
Choose a template that will satisfy your needs the best. Insert the required information into the fillable fields. You may add fields and place them where you want in the document. Take advantage of a user-friendly toolbar to edit the template. Add date and checkmarks if needed. It is advisable to include all details that are important under your specific circumstances.
What information to include?
Look through the list of elements, that should be identified in the document.
- Names and contacts of both parties of the contract.
- Names and description of premises shared.
- Termination: define whether you are renting a property on a month or yearly basis.
- Utilities:electricity, garbage, gas, telephone, Internet, cable TV or satellite service and other.
- Household rules: bedroom assignment, kitchen usage, cleaning duties, household machines usage (washer, drying and other), common area assignment, quiet hours, smoking, alcohol/drug, overnight guests, pets, sharing of personal things and other.
- Conflict resolution: both parties agree to make reasonable efforts to maintain a peaceful environment to resolve any differences.
Note: it is necessary to sign the document to make it legally binding.