Individual forms

The IRS recommends taxpayers electronically file and choose direct deposit when they are ready to submit their individual federal income tax returns, such as Form 1040 ("Long Form"), 1040A ("Short Form"), and 1040EZ ("Easy Form"). The due date for 2023 tax returns is the middle of April 2024. If the date falls on a weekend or a legal holiday, the returns are due the next business day. File an accurate return and use pre-built form templates online to avoid any delays.

Forms for individual tax returns

There is a set of individual tax forms specially designed for all taxpayers. Here we will explain Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ.

Form 1040EZ is the most simple income tax return for Single and Joint Filers with no dependents and for taxpayers under 65. Please, use Form 1040EZ if your interest income is below $400 and your income or combined incomes are below $50,000.

Form 1040A covers several additional items. Please, use Form 1040A if you do NOT itemize deductions, and have the capital gain distributions but no other capital gains or losses.

Personal income tax return Form 1040 should be used when itemizing deductions and reporting more complex investments and other income. Fill in Form 1040 and submit it if your income is over $50,000.

You may have received a Form 1040A or 1040EZ because of the return you filed the previous year. If your situation has changed, you can completely eSign and e-file your tax returns. You should collect all your documents before preparing your report and make sure your stimulus payment and your advance Child Tax Credit information are correct.

Remember, choosing the correct tax form is important and could add more money to your account. Check the tax instructions on the official IRS website carefully.

Individual Income Tax Return